1. Legislators often host coffee hours and community meetings during their summer break, making now the perfect time to let them know that you want them to support reinstating the state historic preservation tax credit.
Click here for an up-to-date list of representatives' coffee hours and locations.
2. Ask your local leaders to pass a resolution supporting the Legislature's adoption of the bill. You can find a sample resolution template here that you can use to draft your own resolution.
3. Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. You can find some sample letters here.
4. Contact the governor here and tell him that you want him to reinstate Michigan's historic preservation tax credit!
5. Contact your representative and tell him or her to bring back the historic preservation tax credit. Unsure who your rep is? Find out here on this link and get contact information.